Thursday, December 7, 2006

Make Yourself At Home


I came across Halloween, Alaska in an episode of the popular tv-series The OC, as we all watched it last winter here in Leuven, cause someone I knew had bought the DVD-box of the first 2 seasons, and we couldn't resist. We must have seen the first season in like a week, although we were all aware that when we first heard of this show, we all thought it was just some Dawson's Creek-like gay show for girls (and ok.. mainly it is), but we just really liked it; the great music in the show,the ironic undertone, it was all so very catchy!

But anyways, one episode there was this song playing and that's when I discovered Halloween, Alaska, with "All The Arms Around You Now". It's a pretty chill song, with a very nice ending in my opinion. But as I thought "yeah it's probably that one-great-song-in-whole-repertoire shit", I never looked for more tracks.

Well, a week ago, the same friend that gave me that OC-box last winter, told me that this band had some other great songs as well. And yeah, they actually do.
Their songs are all quite mellow chill-out indie songs with some electronic undertones, with "All The Arms Around You Now" as the most poppy song of their self-titled and second album.
You can get 2 of their songs here:

Halloween, Alaska - All The Arms Around You
Halloween, Alaska - You're It

Purchase

No comments: